Thursday 1 December 2011

Photoshoot analysis

I find it really interesting to look at the photos that we selected.  I believe we selected the shots that reflect how we perceive ourselves.  Let me take you through what I mean.
The shot of me: I'm leaning a long way forward looking relaxed, but engaged.  That's how I perceive myself to be.  Whereas Lee's, to me, looks strong, easy-going, but still showing his interest by a slight lean forward.  It also makes me smile to see how (un)flexible he looks. 

As for the shot of the two of us: 
  • We are looking at each other which shows our connection;
  • Lee's arm around me signifies strength, protection and comfort;
  • Lee kissing me on the cheek shows me his love for me; and 
  • My smile at him shows that he makes me happy(er).
We have a very similarly posed shot from our wedding, so that also has strong reminders for us. 

Most of these 'winning' shots were taken while seated.  This reinforces for me the online posing advice I had read, which suggested seating people, particularly if they were uncomfortable.

What do you think our photos express?  Would a different pose reflect how you perceive us?  Let me know in the comments.
All our shots can be viewed by clicking on the album link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment