Tuesday 8 November 2011

Seen or heard anything strange?

Last night the doorbell rang at 12:15. It was the police. They had found a man 20m from our front door and were wondering if we had heard or seen anything strange. I had no useful information for them that I could determine.

Soon after I realised what an insular life I lead, as I walked home from the station (not passing the place he was found) thinking about the cold, about training that night, thinking about what I was planning to eat for tea, and not noticing a thing around me. (All that thinking is probably generous too.)

This a reminder that the whole world does not revolve around ourselves and that life is fragile.

1 comment:

  1. We have since heard a little more information:
    http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/wandsworth/9353455.UPDATE__Man_died_a_few_hundred_metres_from_his_home/

    ReplyDelete